We are sisters with a simple mission. We want to establish antenatal classes that not only provide expectant parents with a network of new friends, but also excellent, evidence-based information and access, in your local area, to a support network of professional specialists – including practising midwives – who really know their stuff!
We have very different career backgrounds. Bonny is a midwife and has three girls, including twins – which you might well argue is a full-time job in itself! Iona is an events and marketing specialist. We believe that by combining our medical and business knowledge we can provide a fantastic service to you.
We have a lot of similarities: – we are both detail-driven, passionate about delivering a top quality service, and believe our customers should be at the heart of everything we do.
We hope that you choose us to support you through this exciting journey into parenthood!
Why choose us?
- We believe in empowering you with evidence-based information to help you make the choices that best suit your pregnancy, birth and parenting style.
- Course content is taken from a wide variety of reliable and professional sources, including NICE Guidelines, the NHS and a broad spectrum of private sector specialists.
- We don’t offer opinions or make judgements but rather provide support and a knowledgeable team to talk to about some really important decisions you will need to consider.
- All of our course leaders are midwives, working in your local area. They are down to earth, approachable and very knowledgeable.
We invited a range of midwives, doctors and maternity specialists to help us establish a robust, evidence-based antenatal course that uses best-practice information given by the Department of Health, NICE guidelines and the World Health Organisation. In addition, they were able to give practical information gathered from their many years experience supporting women and their partners through pregnancy, birth and the early days of parenthood.
We would like to extend a huge thank you to the following people:
- Claire Nutt, Community Midwife (North Bristol NHS Trust) and Massage Therapist, Claire Nutt
- Dr Dimitrios Siassakos MBBS (Athens), MD (Res) MSc (Lond), MRCOG (RCOG), PGDiploma MedEduc (TLHP), DLSHTM (HSM), Consultant Obstetrician, and Consultant Senior Lecturer in Obstetrics at University of Bristol
- Kate Battersby, Midwife, Southmead Hospital, and Lactation Consultant, The Perfect Start
- Lisa Redmayne, Midwife (antenatal specialist), Southmead Hospital
- Rosie Letts, Nutritional Therapist, Bump and Beyond Nutrition
- Sarah Dineen, Fitness and pelvic floor specialist, Fit2Drop
- Vicky Carne, Midwife (postnatal specialist), North Bristol NHS Trust
- Vicky Woodland, Midwife (low-risk labour specialist), Cossham Birth Centre